- Last year I started at FedEx as a front-end developer. In 2021 I will be helping them out with optimising their Self Support pages and applications.
- I am enjoying my newly renovated home. Last year I bought and fully renovated my home in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This year my goal is to enjoy it and step by step decorate and improve upon last year’s major overhaul. In May I will also be joined by a cat. Which already is giving me a healthy focus on getting things in order for me and my new hairy house friend.
- I am currently reading Condities (Dutch language) by Thomas Heerma van Voss , Atomic Habits by James Clear and Barefoot Running Step by Step by Roy M. Wallack & Barefoot Ken Bob. The latter is an interesting take on running technique from a barefoot running guru.
- Bi-weekly I am meeting up with my Mastermind group with three friends. We help keep ourselves and each other accountable for our personal development goals and discuss themes we run into while doing so.
- I am working on a note taking system using Obisidian, a markdown file based note taking app. I am taking inspiration from the Zettelkasten system, my learnings from the book “Deep Work” by Cal Newport and am trying to mainly try to find my own way and sculpt a higlhy personal note taking system.
Keeping calm & fit
- I start my days with a short yoga exercise and meditation. The yoga exercise often consists of the 5 Tibetans or sun salutations, plus a few extra exercises from my physiotherapist. Following that I will do a daily meditation by Sam Harris in the Waking Up app. Through this link you can get 1 month of free access to the app, no strings attached.
- I run. After spending most my energy in keeping calm through a crisis and a home renovation, I tend to crawl back out of this planned running slump. No ambitious plans, but a healthy focus on getting fitter and fitter and running longer and longer distances. Hopefully at some point leading to running that first ultra marathon I’ve been aiming for the last few years! You can follow my progress on Strava.
This page was last updated on in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.