- At July, 1st I have started a new project with FedEx as a front-end developer. I hope to help them out within my holy triangle of front-end devevelopment, design thinking and teamwork.
- I am building my home. Since January 23rd I am the proud owner of the apartment I had been renting the previous 3.5 years. I’ve moved in to a 2nd apartment with a good friend close by and a team of builders will be building up the interior up until september. It’ll be beautiful!
- I volunteer at Vluchtelingenwerk [Dutch for “Refugee Work”]. Since November 2019 I have been helping them out as a ‘Wijkvrijwilliger’ [or ‘neighbourhood volunteer’]. It means every week or other week, I will hang out with a refugee buddy and help him find his way in Dutch daily life. To be honest, I do not have a lot of energy left right now (see above), but we are still in touch!
Improving my knowledge & skills
- I am reading ‘1q84’ by Haruki Murakami.
- I am not drawing many wolves right now. This is a random idea I had at the start of the year and now I am trying to every week draw a wolf. To get better at drawing and to get to know an animal and my fascination for it. You can see my drawings on Flickr. I hope to pick it up again some day this year.
Keeping calm & fit
- I run. I had a small injury, so I’ve started 2020 very calmly. Right now I’m focusing on form, with help from my physiotherapist. And I am picking up regular strength trainging too. I plan to run my first ultra marathon (later) this year or in 2021, after failing this goal last year. You can follow my progress on Strava.
- I start my days with a short yoga exercise and meditation. The yoga exercise consists of the 5 Tibetans, plus a few extra exercises from my physiotherapist. Following that I will do the daily meditation by Sam Harris in the Waking Up app. Through this link you can get 1 month of free access to the app, no strings attached.
This page was last updated on in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.