- I am building a campaign website for ‘DeGoedeZaak’ and their sister organisations. It’s all about a campaign against CETA. I am developing the website together with my friends and colleagues ‘Stef Thoen’ and ‘Sythe Veenje’. More soon!
- I am building my home. Since January 23rd I am the proud owner of the apartment I had been renting the previous 3.5 years. I’ve moved to an apartment around the block and I am waiting for the contractor to finish construction before I can start building floors, walls and make it inhabitable again.
- I write about my personal development, apps and hardware that I test and use, and other developments in my work. Right now I’m planning to write a small manifesto integrating a focus on sustainability into my work.
- I volunteer at Vluchtelingenwerk [Dutch for “Refugee Work”]. Since November 2019 I have been helping them out as a ‘Wijkvrijwilliger’ [or ‘neighbourhood volunteer’]. It means every week or other week, I will hang out with a refugee buddy and help him find his way in Dutch daily life.
Improving my knowledge & skills
- I am reading ‘No Angel: the Secret Life of Bernie Ecclestone’ by Tom Bower, ‘Socrates op Sneakers’ by Elke Wiss and I am (still) working on 'How to take smart notes' by Sönke Ahrens.
- I draw wolves. This is a random idea I had at the start of the year and now I am trying to every week draw a wolf. To get better at drawing and to get to know an animal and my fascination for it. You can see my drawings on Flickr.
Keeping calm & fit
- I run. I had a small injury, so I’ve started 2020 very calmly. Right now I’m focusing on form, with help from my physiotherapist. And I am picking up regular strength trainging too. I plan to run my first ultra marathon (later) this year, after failing this goal last year. You can follow my progress on Strava.
- I start my days with a short yoga exercise and meditation. The yoga exercise consists of the 5 Tibetans, plus a few extra exercises from my physiotherapist. Following that I will do the daily meditation by Sam Harris in the Waking Up app. Through this link you can get 1 month of free access to the app, no strings attached.
This page was last updated on in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.